Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds

Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds

The other day I was flipping channels, and I saw that the Martha Stewart Show was on. I thought to myself, "Man, I've been watching too many crime dramas, and I have this Martha Stewart blog thing, so I should probably watch her show once in a while." (I really do watch too many crime dramas... Law & Order, Criminal Minds, Bones... I love them all, and since we have cable, I can basically watch them 24/7.) It just so happened that that day was her ever-exciting 'Citrus Show'. I kid you not, an entire episode based on citrus. The bit I watched was Martha going through her green houses (plural) showing off her favorite types (also plural) of lemons. She has a serious thing for lemons. Like, an A&E Intervention-style thing for lemons. By the time she got to her fifth favorite type of lemon I decided I had enough and went back to watching The Closer. Then I decided that I had to make chocolate cookies this week. Because I'm contrary like that.

Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds

Also because I'm contrary, I made these into circles, not diamonds like she asked for. So there!

Actually, these are really yummy, really simple cookies. They are a basic shortbread with a generous addition of cocoa and some white chocolate melted on top. There's not much going on with them, but that means there's not much to mess up. I thought they were super tasty. And, they make a pretty small batch (I ended up with only a dozen), so they're good if you're going through cookie-overload (like we are... so many cookies...).

Cocoa Shortbread Diamonds

Next week: Raspberry Almond Blondies, p. 199

No comments:

Post a Comment