Saturday, March 12, 2011

Polenta Cookies

Polenta Cookies

These are very happy cookies... every ingredient (almost) is yellow, which is a very happy color.

Polenta Cookies

It reminds me of a line from Harry Potter: 'Sunshine daisies, Butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!' (And, yes, I'm a huge nerd... so now you know.)

Polenta Cookies

Butter and lemon zest. Is there anything that these two can't make better? I don't think so.

Polenta Cookies

You are supposed to pipe the dough onto cookie sheets into S-shapes. I didn't have a pastry bag, so I tried using a ziploc bag, like I usually do for frosting, but that didn't really work. So, I broke out the cookie Spritzer, which worked really well. (I should clarify that... the shapes with larger-sized holes worked well... the more detailed ones got gummed up with big chunks of polenta.)

Polenta Cookies

Yay! Cookies! These were really tasty happy little cookies. The kind of cookies that are difficult to eat only a couple. They were buttery and a little lemon-y, and nice and crunchy. If anything, they were too crunchy, and the polenta bits got stuck in your teeth. If I made them again, I'd sub in a smaller-cut polenta, or even cornmeal. But, these were definitely a successful cookie.

Next week: Magic Blondies: p. 180

No comments:

Post a Comment