Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pecan Logs

I asked my husband if he had a request for this week's cookie. First, he asked for more madeleines. I told him that repeating cookies was against the rules. Then he asked for Pecan Sandies. Martha's book has almost 200 recipes. He could have picked almost any of them. But, he picked the one cookie not in the book. Typical.

These were the closest I could find to Pecan Sandies. They have pecans, and they are in the 'Crumbly and Sandy' chapter. Seems like a good match.I have discovered the secret to making your house smell the way the Keebler elves' tree house smells (I would imagine). Toast 2 cups of pecans and then run them through the food processor. Awesome. Seriously awesome.
Half of the pecans go into the dough, half go on the outside of the cookies. The powdered sugar and nuts in the dough made a cookie that reminds me of a Mexican Wedding Cookie (or Russian Tea Cake, depending on who you ask). They're not too sweet, really buttery, and excellent with a cup of coffee. I don't think they're quite the Pecan Sandies my husband was hoping for, but they are still tasty.Next week: Cream-Filled Chocolate Sandwiches, p. 95

No comments:

Post a Comment