Saturday, June 26, 2010

Grammy's Chocolate Cookies

These cookies have an unfortunate name. Grammy? Really? Not even Grandma? I just don't like it. But, perhaps that's why I'm not Martha Stewart. Maybe she knows more about naming cookies. I would name them Simple Chocolate Cookies. Or Tasty Chocolate Cookies. Or Chocolate Cookies with Extra Sugar. Or Kick-Ass Chocolate Cookies. Like I said, Martha probably knows more about this whole naming thing.
Anyway, onto the baking. These are chocolate cookies with lots of coca, rolled in sugar. Really, you can't go wrong. Pretty simple.
These cookies were delicious! The sugar made the outside all crunchy and a little sparkly, while the inside stayed fudge-y and wonderful. The recipe made a huge batch, so I brought them in to work, where they were snarfed up very quickly. Also, we froze some for later, and they thawed beautifully. They will definitely be made again. I'll just give them a new name. Next week: Almond Macaroons, p. 91

2 comments:

  1. I have made these in the past and looooved them! I rolled the dough in large coarse sugar crystal so they were super sweet and chocolaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want these deparately...

    ReplyDelete