Saturday, January 29, 2011

Chocolate-Ginger Leaves and Acorns

P3072096

Aaand, we're back. I've been neglecting my cookie duties. It's difficult to eat a batch of cookies by yourself every week. But, now I have more cookie-tasters/people who I can unload all my cookies on, so I can start to go through a batch of cookies each week or so again. Yay for everyone!

Anyway, back to the cookies:

P3102107

Chocolate-ginger cookies. Martha has a definite thing for chocolate and ginger. I swear that half the cookies in this book are chocolate and ginger. Not that that's a bad thing. It's just a thing. These are really just cut-out cookies, but because Martha decreed that they were 'Leaves and Acorns' I broke out the leaf cookie-cutter. I don't have an acorn, and so I didn't bother doing acorn cookies... sorry. I'm sure that it's a big disappointment to all three of my readers.

P3102112

So, she has you cut out the cookies and score little leaf-vein lines in them, which is a little fiddly, but actually makes the leaves look kind of cute. Also, she says to sprinkle the cookies with sanding sugar, which I now realize I forgot to do. Oops. I'm just not living up to the Martha Stewart Standard of Cookie-Making. My baking license is going to be revoked if I'm not careful.

P3102125

So, I actually made these cookies more than three months ago, and I don't really remember them that well. I know they were good enough, but not super fantastic. I think they were a little cake-y, which is odd, given that they are in the 'Crisp and Crunchy' chapter. And they were gigantic, but that was probably more a function of my cookie cutter than anything else.

Next week: Chocolate Pistachio Biscotti, p. 246

No comments:

Post a Comment