Saturday, March 19, 2011

Magic Blondies

Magic Blondies

I think the Martha Stewart Editing Team must have a sense of humor, because there are only two explanations for the name of these blondies getting through the editing process.
1. Her editing staff are all super goody-two-shoes people who would never think that a name like 'Magic Blondies' sounds anything like 'Magic Brownies'
2. Her editing staff are all a bunch of pot heads.
And, I can't imagine that you could be that naive working for Martha. She's an ex-con for crying out loud. Also she's completely nuts.

Magic Blondies

Despite the name, these blondies have no actual 'magic' in them. I suppose you could add it in, but I think Martha would have something to say about that. (Remember: just say no!) However, they do have coconut, chocolate chips, walnuts and cranberries. Also, I made mine in mini-muffin tins, and tiny food is always yummy (actually I just didn't want to go to the store and get big muffin liners...I am lazy).

These turned out really, really good. I could eat about six of them! (It's like I have the munchies or something). She suggests using cherries instead of the cranberries, which would probably be good, too. Actually, I bet you could switch out the toppings for your favorites, and they'd still turn out yummy. All in all, these ended up living to their name; they are pretty magical (even if they aren't Magical).

Magic Blondies

Next Week: Dark Chocolate Cookies with Sour Cherries, p. 98

No comments:

Post a Comment