Saturday, May 7, 2011

Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles

It's been a weird couple of weeks, so I've missed a couple cookie posts. But, it's back to normal now, so: Cookies! Snickerdoodles, to be precise.

Snickerdoodles

Oh, cinnamon and sugar, is there anything you can't make awesome? I don't think so. When I was little I would eat rice sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. Sometimes, especially if I'm feeling under the weather or if I've had a particularly difficult day, rice with cinnamon sugar is just what I need. I suppose it's a little weird, but it's good comfort food.

Snickerdoodles

Cinnamon Sugar is even better when it's on top of butter cookies, which is really all that snickerdoodles are. Why they're called snickerdoodles, I have no idea. But it's a ridiculous name, and I didn't even notice how weird it was until now, typing it out several times. It kind of reminds me of those new designer dog breeds, like 'golden doodles' and 'cockapoos'

Snickerdoodles

Well, they may have a ridiculous name, but they are excellent cookies. Really really good. My husband said they might be better than the madeleines, which is saying something. This is a great recipe, though. A little bit crunchy outside, chewy inside, and just all together yummy. I'm a little sad they have all been eaten.

Snickerdoodles

Next week: Cornmeal Thyme Cookies, p. 65

No comments:

Post a Comment