Saturday, April 9, 2011

Blueberry Bonanza Bars

Blueberry Bonanza Bars

As far as I am concerned, these bars are just a granola-delivery device. I love granola. I like to eat it plain, or with milk, or on yogurt, or in a house or with a mouse. Er... wait... that's Doctor Seuss. The point stands, though, that I enjoy granola.

Blueberry Bonanza Bars

This is seriously good granola. Nothing fancy, but the mix of brown sugar and honey makes the oats nice and sweet, but not overly-so. Coconut and almonds are always good, too. I may have snitched rather more granola than I should have. Oops.

P4072927

I suppose there is some shortbread and blueberry jam involved, too. Frankly, the finished bars aren't too much to write home about (or blog about). They seemed a little too sweet, but it might have been because of the jam I used. If I was you, I would just make a double batch of the granola and call it a day. I suppose the bars are pretty, even if they're not the tastiest.

P4072965

Next week: Snickerdoodles, p. 82

No comments:

Post a Comment