Saturday, July 24, 2010

Cream-Filled Chocolate Sandwiches

Chocolate Sandwiches
These cookies are basically Martha's version of Oreos. Because Martha has to have her own version of everything. Because she's Martha, and normal-people things aren't good enough for her.

Unlike real Oreos, these cookies are 1. Soft and chewy and 2. GIGANTIC! No really, they are the size of your hand. And, since they are sandwich cookies, one cookie really equals two cookies and a whole pile of icing. These are serious cookies, not for the faint-hearted. I loose steam after about a quarter of one. I brought these into work and the guys ate them in about five minutes (they are pros).
Chocolate Sandwiches
While I really liked the chocolate cookies themselves, I wasn't a fan of the icing. It was simply too sweet for me. If I was to make them again, I think I would make the frosting mint flavored (using a little mint extract instead of vanilla), or forgo the frosting altogether and use the cookies as ice cream sandwiches.

Also, they should be smaller. Just saying.
Chocolate Sandwiches
Next Week: Dried-Cranberry Shortbread Hearts p.114

No comments:

Post a Comment