Sunday, June 6, 2010

Pear, Pistachio, and Ginger Blondies

This week,I made Pear, Pistachio and Ginger Blondies. They were a little fiddly, but totally worth the effort. First you chop the nuts and fruit. I would recommend purchasing pre-shelled pistachios, unless you're crazy like me and want to spend a good half hour shelling them.

The pears and crystallized ginger are sticky and a little tricky to chop up, but with a sharp knife and some patience, it'll work.
It was difficult not to eat the fixings before adding them to the batter. Nom nom nom.
The Blondies baked up all lovely and golden brown. Their texture was a smidge dry, but they might be a little over-cooked. They smell nicely of pears, and they taste nice and ginger-y. If I was to make them again, I'd probably not chop the nuts so finely. They remind me of something you would eat at high tea in the English countryside. Overall, quite tasty.
Next week: Chocolate Meringues p. 33

2 comments:

  1. I will try these next. I have a whole bag of pistachios that I don't know what to do with and I am a ginger fiend! So this sounds like a good choice. I will let you know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were wonderful!! I loved the texture and the ginger flavor. I couldn't find dried pears so I used apricots. I can see how pears might be a better flavor, but the apricots were still darn good. I would make them again.

    ReplyDelete