Saturday, February 19, 2011

Truffle Brownies

truffle brownies

These are brownies for a serious chocolate lover. These do not mess around with 'cocoa powder' or 'chocolate-flavored chips' or 'walnuts' or any of that nonsense. These are brownies with tons of good baking chocolate baked in, and more chocolate on top. These are brownies that don't mess around.

truffle brownies

These brownies were dense and moist, and (surprise!) super chocoate-y. The ganache topping was a little soft for my taste and only really set up after days in the refrigerator, but you could just add more chocolate and you'd take care of that. I tried to serve these with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, but either I am a weakling or our freezer is set too high, so that didn't happen. And, frankly I don't think I could have eaten ice cream, too, since the brownies were so rich.

truffle brownies

Next week: Cherry Tuiles, p. 28

No comments:

Post a Comment