Saturday, June 19, 2010

Apricot Windows

Oh, Apricot Windows, how I wanted to love you. I tried, I really did, but just didn't quite make it. I was hoping for a short-bread type cookie with a higher filling-to-cookie ratio. But, alas, no. They were tasty enough at first, but went stale pretty quick. Also, I think apricot filling was a little bland. Maybe cherry or raspberry would be better. These are just thoughts...
The recipe made a huge amount of cookie... a whole big cookie sheet full. The most annoying step though was piping the dough on top of the apricot filling. The dough was just a little to thick to pipe easily. It was a pain. Maybe next week's cookies will be tastier.
Next week: Grammy's Chocolate Cookies, p. 75

1 comment:

  1. I might skip these although they look really pretty. maybe I will make them at Christmas with raspberry jam.

    ReplyDelete