Saturday, June 12, 2010

Chocolate Meringues

It's Meringue week! Lovely, cruncy, fluffy, light meringues! Yay! These are quite tasty, and easy to make. However, I made a huge mess... egg white were flying everywhere, so I failed to take pictures.

Martha has you make a plain vanilla meringue, then add in cocoa powder, so the resulting cookies taste like hot chocolate! How good is that? I could sit down and eat about 16 of these.

Word to the wise, though, be sure to watch the humidity when you make/eat these. I ate a couple of these out on my porch today and they were sticking together something awful. And no one likes a sticky meringue. Ew.
Next week: Apricot Windows, p. 84

1 comment:

  1. My mom made plain vanilla (?) meringues when I was a kid, and they were great. Chocolate must be so much better. Thanks for the reminder that these are possible!

    ReplyDelete